To use Sprint IP Relay, you must be deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech disability to register for a 10-digit number in order to use this service. Registration is not required for standard or wireless telephone users. These users simply need the telephone number of the Sprint IP user to call using the Sprint IP Relay service.
- Go to www.mysprintrelay.com
- Click Create New Profile/Call Now Number Registration and follow instructions.
- Select the Sprint IP tab.
Connect to Sprint IP:
- Sprint IP users: Go to www.sprintip.com
- Type the area code and telephone number you want to call.
- Type dialing instructions to the Relay Operator (OPR). (Optional)
- Click CALL NOW to connect to Sprint IP Relay Service.
- At the Login prompt, type in your User ID and Password
- The Relay Operator (OPR) will answer “Sprint IP 9999F Dialing...1...2...3...
- 9999 is an OPR identification number. Each OPR has his/her own identification number which is rotated on a scheduled basis.
Proceed with the conversation by typing your response. The OPR will read everything you type and voice the message to the standard telephone user.
When you are ready to end your call, type 'SK' for 'Stop Keying' then click "Disconnect" button.
Standard or wireless callers: Dial the number of the Sprint IP user.
- F or M is the gender of the OPR.
- GA stands for “Go Ahead” which means it’s your turn to type.
- The OPR will type everything the standard telephone user says and type GA at the end of each response on your screen.
Other benefits of using Sprint IP Relay Service:
- Language preferences (English, Spanish)
- Text sizing and color
- Background color
- The ability to store user preferences
- ASL emoticons
- Horizontal split-screen
- Resizable window
For more information, click here https://www.sprintip.com/faq.jsp